Polenta with Sausage and Rainbow Chard
Creamy, cheesy polenta is topped with a garlicky sauteed mixture of spicy Italian sausage and fresh chard.
Write a review
- 3 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 cup stone-ground polenta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded/grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds rainbow chard, chopped
- Bring stock to boil, add salt and polenta. Stir often until polenta is thickened, about ten minutes. Add butter and cheese and stir to combine.
- Heat oil on medium high heat, brown sausage. Add in onion and garlic and saute until softened. Add chard to pan and saute until wilted down.
- Serve over polenta.
Motley Oklahoman http://www.motleyoklahoman.com/